We are proud to offer scholarships and payment plans to those in need of assistance to participate in our Recreation Programs, Events, and Leagues. We are committed to enhancing the quality of life on the Gig Harbor Peninsula by providing park and recreation opportunities for all its citizens. Below you will find eligibility requirements and application.
Our scholarships and payment plans provide families the opportunity to participate in recreation programs offered by PenMet Parks, regardless of their ability to pay. All circumstances are considered.
Please contact [email protected] for more information on payment plans.
Scholarship eligibility requirements:
- 18 years old age or younger
- Reside within the PenMet Parks District
- Provide verification of need: for free/reduced lunch letter from the school district, call nutrition office at PSD office at 530-1014. Ask her to email it to our department – [email protected] –OR– Tax return (most current) –OR– Household wage statement (current pay stub) –OR– DSHS verification
Scholarship Award based on Income Eligibility (Instant Qualification with School District Letter):
- Free Lunch: 75% scholarship →Reduced Lunch: 50% scholarship
- The maximum scholarship amount of $200 per child per calendar year. *This limit has been removed for Summer 2022 youth programs*
- Eligible recipients are encouraged to volunteer time to support PenMet Parks programs/events.
If you have any questions about our scholarship program, scholarship, please email [email protected] or call 253-858-3400.