Thank you for your interest in our scholarship program!
We are proud to offer scholarships to those in need of assistance to participate in our Recreation Programs, Events, and Leagues. Through our scholarship program, we are committed to enhancing the quality of life on the Gig Harbor Peninsula by providing park and recreation opportunities for all its citizens.
The Recreation Scholarship Fund provides families the opportunity to participate in recreation programs offered by PenMet Parks, regardless of their ability to pay. All circumstances are considered.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements In order to receive a recreation scholarship, the applicant must be:
- 18 years old age or younger
- Reside within the PenMet Parks District
- Provide verification of need: for free/reduced lunch letter from the school district, call nutrition office at PSD office at 530-1014. Ask her to email it to our department – firstname.lastname@example.org –OR– Tax return (most current) –OR– Household wage statement (current pay stub) –OR– DSHS verification
Scholarship Award based on Income Eligibility (Instant Qualification with School District Letter):
- Free Lunch: 75% scholarship →Reduced Lunch: 50% scholarship
- The maximum scholarship amount of $200 per child per calendar year.
- Eligible recipients are encouraged to volunteer time to support PenMet Parks programs/events.
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please email us for more information or questions on how to apply.