The PenMet Parks Recreation Scholarship Program ensures more access to Peninsula Metropolitan Park District’s (PenMet Parks) fee-based recreation programs by providing financial assistance to individuals in need. In reducing the barriers for community access to fee-based programs, PenMet Parks further advances its mission.
Please contact [email protected] for more information on payment plans.
Scholarship eligibility requirements:
- The applicant’s household income must be equal to or below eighty percent (80%) of the median income established by the HUD guidelines for the applicant’s household size. Income Limits – Tacoma Housing Authority
- Household income is defined as the total income before taxes of all adult household members for the year.
- A household is defined as all persons living at the same address.
Scholarship Award based on Income Eligibility:
- 75% per program.
- The maximum scholarship amount of $400 per person per calendar year.
- Hardships may be considered for income eligibility, per program percentages, and per person caps.
If you have any questions about our scholarship program or payment plans, please email [email protected] or call 253-858-3400.