- This event has passed.
September 1 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm PDT
ATTENTION: Protecting the public, our partners, and our staff is of the utmost importance. Due to recent health concerns with the novel Corona-virus, the Park Board has decided to host the meeting Online via Zoom. In accordance with the Governor’s Stay at Home Order issued on March 23, 2020, the public is strongly encouraged to participate via teleconference.
You can join the zoom meeting for the regular meeting by using the Meeting ID: 820 7351 2659 Password: PenMet0901 or call in at +1 253-215-8782 Password: 7708543702. Meeting agendas can be accessed online at PenMetParks.org. Citizen Comments can be emailed to email@example.com by August 31st at 5:00 PM and will be read at the meeting.
During the upcoming PenMet Parks Regular Meeting on Tuesday, September 01, 2020, at 5:00 PM, there will be an opportunity for public comment pertaining to four Washington State Recreation and Conservation Office (RCO) grant applications that PenMet Parks has submitted:
- Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program – Trails (WWRP-TR) for the Cushman Trail 14th Ave to 24th St NW extension for $500,000.
- Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program – Local Parks (WWRP-LP) for the Narrows Park West (Eagles Ridge) Acquisition for $1,000,000. *
- Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) for the Narrows Park West (Eagles Ridge) Acquisition for $500,000. *
- Youth Athletic Facilities (YAF) category for SHP Turf Replacement for $350,000.
* PenMet Parks will submit a Pierce County Conservation Futures grant application in 2021 for the $1,500,000 balance of the Narrows West acquisition ($3,000,000 total).
Additional details on each grant application project can be found in the September 1 agenda packet at:
PenMetParks.org, About, District Info, Board Meeting Minutes and Agenda Archive
A portion of the evaluation and scoring criteria for each grant includes public support.
This public meeting is conducted to collect public comments and document public support for these projects.
Your participation is welcome and important to the success of these grant applications.
Comments may be submitted via:
• E-mail to Admin@PenMetParks.org
• Chat during the Zoom meeting, or
• Live comments via Zoom during the meeting
For questions or additional information contact:
Peninsula Metropolitan Park District
Planning & Special Projects Manager
P: (253) 313-5086