PenMet Parks is studying the feasibility of developing and operating a dedicated space as an aquatics facility for the community. Feasibility studies are a necessary first step in planning public facilities in order to inform the community regarding demand, interests, design options, and estimates of cost. These studies will be conducted through an open public process with community leaders to advise professional consultants.
Goals for the Studies:
- Study the feasibility of dedicated space for a community aquatics facility.
- Evaluate the most feasible spaces on three different physical sites, including the Peninsula Gardens site (5507 Wollochet Drive).
- Identify various means to address community interests and demands.
- Present related industry trends and best practices regarding public facilities.
- Propose and evaluate various design considerations for public spaces.
- Identify development and operational costs for the most feasible spaces.
- Present a final report to the community and to PenMet Parks Board of Park Commissioners, with study conclusions and next step recommendations.
Project Timeline and Deliverables
- Fall 2022: studies began
- Winter 2023: Steering Committee Appointments
- Spring 2023: Steering Committee and Community Meetings
- Meetings are on Mondays, They are primarily held virtually but there is an in-person viewing option.
- February 27th: Meeting #1: Site Analysis/Program Development
- April 24th: Meeting #2 and Public Workshops: Concept Refinement on April 25th
- June 26th, Meeting #3 Capital and Maintenance Analysis
- Summer 2023: Reports Complete and Presented to PenMet Parks Board of Park Commissioners
Meetings and Community Input
Join us for open community meetings regarding the Feasibility Study for Dedicated Senior Space, with virtual and in-person options for participation. Links for virtual attendance will be updated on our website and posted in the event description (here on Facebook) when they become available. If you would like to attend in-person, you may find us at the Arletta Schoolhouse. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- February 27, 7-8pm
- April 24, 7-8pm
- June 26, 7-8pm
In addition to these meetings, anyone is welcome to observe the Steering Committee Meetings which will be held the same dates from 7-8 pm, also with hybrid options. Contact us if you have questions about this or other projects we have happening at the District.
See below for the zoom link for the upcoming PenMet Feasibility Meeting #1 on February 27th.
(Steering Committee: 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.) (Community: 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.) https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89002164473
Want to Learn More?
We are excited to share information and news related to this project; please check back for updates. For questions or inquiries please contact: Denis Ryan, Director of Park Services – [email protected]